Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score is frozen no changes in weeks in spite of activity

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

score is frozen no changes in weeks in spite of activity

gee my numbers are the same ..not even a single digit change in about 3 weeks..and in those three weeks my husband and I took out a home equity loan. I also paid off all but 2 of my credit cards..wonder what is going on...odd

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score is frozen no changes in weeks in spite of activity

Did any of those changes land on your report yet though?  A new loan may not impact anything until it reports.  Credit card balances until they are reported and updated on your credit report won't change either.  I'd expect things to possibly change in a few weeks for you.  3 weeks though of your scores not moving really isn't uncommon.  I've gone 3-4 months before and my scores stayed exactly the same. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great questions by BBS.  These are almost certainly the key to why you may not be seeing anything move.

Do you have any free tools to frequently pull your reports?  Karma will give you EQ and TU as often as once a week, and Wallet Hub gives you TU daily.  Many people who have the myFICO Ultimate (which I am guessing you have) have free tools like these in their back pocket, since the Ultimate only gives you your reports every 90 days.

But the key idea is what BBS said.  Scores are always generated from reports, and many credit events take a long time to appear on your reports.  A CC paydown might not get reflected for 40 days, for example.  Some credit cards don't get added for months.

A final possible explanation: If your Ultimate subscription is recent, then some of the CRAs take a while to begin giving you FICO 8 alerts.

Message 3 of 6
fritscher
Regular Contributor

i have had my fico ultimate since february..i noticed that credit sesame is giving me monitoring alerts for the new account etc..of course that score is different than my fico one..it was just odd that about 2 months ago my scores were constantly going up and down on my fico account..thank you all for the good feedback

karen

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd use some of the free tools I mentioned to see if all of the changes you have discussed (big CC balances going to $0, new installment loan) have appeared on your reports.  If they have, get the date last reported so that you can see when the creditor submitted them too.

Once you have seen that most or all of them have materialized on the actual reports, give myFICO another two business days to give you alerts.  If you still aren't getting them, then I'd agree that such big changes with absolutely no FICO 8 change at all is odd, and that suggests that something is wrong with your Ultimate subscription itself and its alerts.

Message 5 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Sometimes myFICO alerts lag behind information that it already has in its system. My 3B report came in last week, and it showed an updated balance and score. About three days later, the alert flew in reporting the balance and score "changes" that I had already seen.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.