Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scores dropping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

scores dropping

My transunion went up to 677, but other 2 dropped like 20 points each down to 598, and 607. Lots of inquiries but they seemed to drop went some of my limits went up. My lowes went from 300 to 3000, and I gotta 500 amazon card, and another card went from 600 to 1000. 0% utilization on those 2 cards. 20,000 total credit with a 8% total utilization. Lots of inquiries though.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: scores dropping

@Anonymous wrote:
My transunion went up to 677, but other 2 dropped like 20 points each down to 598, and 607. Lots of inquiries but they seemed to drop went some of my limits went up. My lowes went from 300 to 3000, and I gotta 500 amazon card, and another card went from 600 to 1000. 0% utilization on those 2 cards. 20,000 total credit with a 8% total utilization. Lots of inquiries though.

I just saw your other thread about being addicted to opening accounts and yeah man, you've opened a lot of new accounts in the last couple months. You already know how the inquiries have affected you and somebody in the other thread already told you your AAoA is trashed now and both of those things have hll hit your score. I would add that having a low total utilization doesn't mean your scores can't suffer. Most of what I saw in your list in the other thread were low limit cards and having even just a few of them over utilized will cost you points. You could have four of your $500 limit cards maxed out and still only have a 10% total utilization but those 4 maxed out cards will cost you points.

I'm not saying that's the case I'm just saying that all those inquiries on top of the AAoA getting slammed and low limit cards possibly being over utilized will definitely drop scores significantly. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm gonna be honest. My credit was so bad 18 months ago I couldn't even get a secured b.o.a. card. It was in the 400's. Now mid 600's. Now I have like 20 accounts. I got carried away. I don't use any of those accounts. Just 1 or 2 cards. I'm not gonna inquirie for about a year and close some accounts I don't use. Maybe in 12 months I will try for some credit line increases. I have a couple baddies that are scheduled to fall off in the next few months and if I do everything correctly I should break the 700's. It was hard going from the outside to now everybody giving me cards.
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm gonna be honest. My credit was so bad 18 months ago I couldn't even get a secured b.o.a. card. It was in the 400's. Now mid 600's. Now I have like 20 accounts. I got carried away. I don't use any of those accounts. Just 1 or 2 cards. I'm not gonna inquirie for about a year and close some accounts I don't use. Maybe in 12 months I will try for some credit line increases. I have a couple baddies that are scheduled to fall off in the next few months and if I do everything correctly I should break the 700's. It was hard going from the outside to now everybody giving me cards.

Grin, I can empathize... I got an offer in the mail for a CSP and I was thinking YES!; however, fortunately before I could get to a computer I had second thoughts.  

Patience is what's going to get me north of 700 on a mortgage score, and there really isn't anything I can do to accelerate that short of getting absurdly lucky.  Unfortunately for me I'm stuck with a paid Cali state tax lien for another 4 years on my report in addition to a paid collection, and that effectively bars me from the upper echelons of scoring at least on Beacon 5.0; if you have various derogatories that are coming off in the next few months, just hang out and garden for a while... life north of 700 isn't a bad place to be in the current market - focus on getting there before doing anything else.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.