Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scorewatch alerts, im confused?!

tag
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

scorewatch alerts, im confused?!

So two days ago I ordered my TU and EQ fico scores from myfico. Initially my EQ said 519, then a minute later it said it reached my target score of 544. Then today I got an alert that said it reached my target score of 519 again. What's going on? I'm confused. I didn't set any target scores, and how could it go from 519-549 back to 519?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: scorewatch alerts, im confused?!

Look for the report date and the alert date (can differ from the day you got it)? How different are they? Was anything disputed?

Message 2 of 13
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

The day that I bought the scores was 3/5, it shows that day as the report date for the 519 score, and then it shows 3/5 as the date for the alert of the 544 score. And then it shows 3/6 for another alert(the one I actually received today) for the 519 score.

Today I also received an alert that 3 accounts were being disputed, which is accurate. I thought in most cases, scores go UP during a dispute.

Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jdirilo wrote:

I thought in most cases, scores go UP during a dispute.

Not always. Were any of these CCs?

Message 4 of 13
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

No. Two of them are student loans reporting 90 days late(but I called nelnet yesterday about it, and for some reason the school I was attending did not report it to them, so they thought I was not enrolled) and they told me to just fax them proof of enrollment and they will remove the lates. The other is from univ of phx originally, reporting from a CA now, but I had student loans so my tuition was paid for.

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jdirilo wrote:

No. Two of them are student loans reporting 90 days late(but I called nelnet yesterday about it, and for some reason the school I was attending did not report it to them, so they thought I was not enrolled) and they told me to just fax them proof of enrollment and they will remove the lates. The other is from univ of phx originally, reporting from a CA now, but I had student loans so my tuition was paid for.

Is the CA reporting in Accounts (vs. Collections)? If so, who is the CA if you're open?

ETA....have you pulled EQ from somewhere following the dispute?

Message 6 of 13
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I have only pulled my EQ from myfico.com and that was before the dispute.

I believe the CA is reporting in Collections, but I am not 100% sure. It is Apollo Group(although when I called unix of phx today, they said the account has been sold to Asset Recovery something).

Message 7 of 13
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Also, the TU score that I get from transunion.com is it not a true FICO score? I just checked it and as of right now it is at 632, while my TU from myfico.com was 600 two days ago.

Message 8 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You might want to look at that one report to see if they are in collections. Working a theory.

The score from TransUnion.com is a FAKO called a VantageScore.

Message 9 of 13
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Well this is odd. On myfico.com my EQ report is showing Unix of Phx as the one reporting it, not the CA, and it IS under accounts. What is weird to me, is that when I was looking on the transunion.com website a minute ago, I refreshed my report, and it showed that EQ had two new accounts reporting, one of them was Apollo group, and the other was dept of education/nelnet from 09. So I wonder if by me calling Univ of Phx today, that caused them to report my charge off account to EQ? But I just called them like two hours ago, how could it be reporting already? So confused, sorry if this isnt making sense!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.