Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured loan** last payment due

tag
mhp
Established Member

secured loan** last payment due

I have a secured loan and owen $32. Orig $500 w/payments of $42 p/mo. I dont know what to do. Should I pay this off? Will this add points to my score? Should I request to keep open and add more money to this loan? I dont know how all this works!! Can someone please help. thanks...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: secured loan** last payment due

I'm moving this thread to the FICO scoring forum.

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@mhp wrote:

I have a secured loan and owen $32. Orig $500 w/payments of $42 p/mo. I dont know what to do. Should I pay this off? Will this add points to my score? Should I request to keep open and add more money to this loan? I dont know how all this works!! Can someone please help. thanks...

Do you have any other open installment tradelines, including mortgages? This would also include auto loans, student loans, home equity loans (not home equity lines of credit), etc.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
mhp
Established Member

I have a secured visa, orchard credit card that I just opened a few months ago. I have a auto loan but they dont report anything until loan paid off. 

exp=672; tu=697; efx=643

Message 4 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@mhp wrote:

I have a secured visa, orchard credit card that I just opened a few months ago. I have a auto loan but they dont report anything until loan paid off. 

exp=672; tu=697; efx=643

That's something I've never heard of.  I bet if you were late they'd report in no time!  Good Luck with rebuilding!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.