Regular Contributor
Joe77

seven freakin' points???

[ Edited ]
I got a judgement removed (it was vacated) and paid down revolving balances from 98% util to 83% util...and only got a 7 point EQ improvement??

Went from 590 to 597.  Big whoop. 

TU stayed THE SAME at 578...  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?" 

Is that normal?  Now I feel like I wasted $30 on new reports that could have gone towards paying down more revolving debt or something.  I expected a bit more improvement than that getting rid of a judgement and paying down my util 15%.

Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 07:02 AM
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: seven freakin' points???

[ Edited ]

Joe77 wrote:
I got a judgement removed (it was vacated) and paid down revolving balances from 98% util to 83% util...and only got a 7 point EQ improvement??

TU stayed THE SAME at 578...  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?" 

Is that normal?  Now I feel like I wasted $30 on new reports that could have gone towards paying down more revolving debt or something.  I expected a bit more improvement than that getting rid of a judgement and paying down my util 15%.

How old was the judgement?  Are you sure that it has been removed from the reports?  Paying for 98 - 83% probably won't boost your scores significantly.  Your cards are still highly utilized. You'll see more of a boost at the 30-35% utilization point.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 12:19 PM
Regular Contributor
Joe77

[ Edited ]

Brammy wrote:

Joe77 wrote:

How old was the judgement?  Are you sure that it has been removed from the reports?  Paying for 98 - 83% probably won't boost your scores significantly.  Your cards are still highly utilized. You'll see more of a boost at the 30-35% utilization point.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 12:19 PM

Yes - it's gone.  I repulled EQ and TU, and also got something in the mail from both bureaus saying the judgement was deleted.  It was from December 2005.

I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Oct. 05 that was discharged Feb 06.  All my included accounts are correctly indicated as included in BK.  I have 7 new credit cards and 2 student loans (deferred installment) since then.  Can't seem to break that 600 barrier, and I've seen other people at my same place out of BK in the 620's already.  I'd bet paying off my CC's to 1% - 9% and having only one or two cards with balances would be the best thing I can do in the short-term.

Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 09:39 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Don't fret. The important thing is it's gone.
Regular Contributor
Joe77

Tuscani wrote:

I guess I don't understand how clients of mine as far out of BK as I am are in the 650's and I'm hovering just under 600.  :smileymad:

I know paying down my util will help, but how much, really?  The number one "reason" on both reports I pulled as well as the Experian from last month was "public records" and even with one instead of two (just the BK, judgement is gone) it's still the number one reason.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Joe77 wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

I guess I don't understand how clients of mine as far out of BK as I am are in the 650's and I'm hovering just under 600.  :smileymad:

I know paying down my util will help, but how much, really?  The number one "reason" on both reports I pulled as well as the Experian from last month was "public records" and even with one instead of two (just the BK, judgement is gone) it's still the number one reason.

You would be surprised how much paying down balances can help.  Just ask LadyFico.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+