Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

seven freakin' points???

[ Edited ]
I got a judgement removed (it was vacated) and paid down revolving balances from 98% util to 83% util...and only got a 7 point EQ improvement??
 
Went from 590 to 597.  Big whoop. 
 
TU stayed THE SAME at 578...  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?" 
 
Is that normal?  Now I feel like I wasted $30 on new reports that could have gone towards paying down more revolving debt or something.  I expected a bit more improvement than that getting rid of a judgement and paying down my util 15%.


Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 07:02 AM
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: seven freakin' points???

[ Edited ]


Joe77 wrote:
I got a judgement removed (it was vacated) and paid down revolving balances from 98% util to 83% util...and only got a 7 point EQ improvement??
 
Went from 590 to 597.  Big whoop. 
 
TU stayed THE SAME at 578...  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?" 
 
Is that normal?  Now I feel like I wasted $30 on new reports that could have gone towards paying down more revolving debt or something.  I expected a bit more improvement than that getting rid of a judgement and paying down my util 15%.


Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 07:02 AM

 
How old was the judgement?  Are you sure that it has been removed from the reports?  Paying for 98 - 83% probably won't boost your scores significantly.  Your cards are still highly utilized. You'll see more of a boost at the 30-35% utilization point.



Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 12:19 PM
Regular Contributor
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

Re: seven freakin' points???

[ Edited ]


Brammy wrote:


Joe77 wrote:
I got a judgement removed (it was vacated) and paid down revolving balances from 98% util to 83% util...and only got a 7 point EQ improvement??
 
Went from 590 to 597.  Big whoop. 
 
TU stayed THE SAME at 578...  Does it take a while for the FICO score to be "recalculated?" 
 
Is that normal?  Now I feel like I wasted $30 on new reports that could have gone towards paying down more revolving debt or something.  I expected a bit more improvement than that getting rid of a judgement and paying down my util 15%.


Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 07:02 AM

 
How old was the judgement?  Are you sure that it has been removed from the reports?  Paying for 98 - 83% probably won't boost your scores significantly.  Your cards are still highly utilized. You'll see more of a boost at the 30-35% utilization point.



Message Edited by Brammy on 08-21-2007 12:19 PM


Yes - it's gone.  I repulled EQ and TU, and also got something in the mail from both bureaus saying the judgement was deleted.  It was from December 2005.
 
I had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Oct. 05 that was discharged Feb 06.  All my included accounts are correctly indicated as included in BK.  I have 7 new credit cards and 2 student loans (deferred installment) since then.  Can't seem to break that 600 barrier, and I've seen other people at my same place out of BK in the 620's already.  I'd bet paying off my CC's to 1% - 9% and having only one or two cards with balances would be the best thing I can do in the short-term.


Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-21-2007 09:39 AM
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: seven freakin' points???

Don't fret. The important thing is it's gone.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 218
Registered: ‎07-29-2007
0

Re: seven freakin' points???



Tuscani wrote:
Don't fret. The important thing is it's gone.



I guess I don't understand how clients of mine as far out of BK as I am are in the 650's and I'm hovering just under 600.  Smiley Mad
 
I know paying down my util will help, but how much, really?  The number one "reason" on both reports I pulled as well as the Experian from last month was "public records" and even with one instead of two (just the BK, judgement is gone) it's still the number one reason.
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: seven freakin' points???



Joe77 wrote:


Tuscani wrote:
Don't fret. The important thing is it's gone.



I guess I don't understand how clients of mine as far out of BK as I am are in the 650's and I'm hovering just under 600.  Smiley Mad
 
I know paying down my util will help, but how much, really?  The number one "reason" on both reports I pulled as well as the Experian from last month was "public records" and even with one instead of two (just the BK, judgement is gone) it's still the number one reason.


 
You would be surprised how much paying down balances can help.  Just ask LadyFico.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.