Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should be a good month score jump wise

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

should be a good month score jump wise

paid off a ton of debt, cli added about 25k in additional credit, util dropping to under 10%. TU fako went to 778 from 726 in one day. Cant wait for wally world score update on the 10th. Gardening till Ocotber !!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisinKC
New Contributor

Re: should be a good month score jump wise

Congratulations paying off your debt and getting your DTI so low.  I'm not sure what your goals are, but I wouldn't get too excited about the TU FAKO score.  My TU FAKO was in the 800's, and I just got my mortgage TU FICO from a bank and it was 736.  Easily 80 points under the TU FAKO that TU sells to customers and rips them off with that.  Even mufico's TU score was 789, which is a FAR cry from my real score of 736.  Myfico sells FAKO scores too.

Message 2 of 6
tryingforgoals
Valued Member

From what I read, myFico uses an older model called TU98. Most lenders use TU04. That's whu your score may be different between myFico and a lender pull. MyFico doesn't sell FAKOS.
Capital One Secured Card (8/2020):$200 Capital One QuickSilver (1/2022):$900 Chime Credit Builder (9/2020) Capital One SavorOne Student (11/2021): $1,000.00
Starting Score:
TU:569(1/2021) EQ:529 (1/2021) EX:595 (1/2021)
Current Score: TU:626(02/2022)EQ:634(03/2022) EX:635 (03/2022)
Goal Score: TU & EQ: 700+
Message 3 of 6
ChrisinKC
New Contributor

I'm sure you're right that myfico uses a different scoring model, however there's really no difference between a FAKO score and the score that myfico sells to you since neither of them are what the lender uses.

Message 4 of 6
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

what do the lenders use for TU score then and is there a site that gives you that same score. My TU score from site was 732 but from MYFICO was 632  way different. I want to know what the lenders will see.

Message 5 of 6
ABuckNow
Contributor

I think mortgage lenders use TU04.

I don't know where you can get that score.

And yes, the TU score from myfico may as well be a FAKO; if a scoring model isn't used by a lender, it's irrelevant.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.