Did you mean: 

someone made a major mistake please help

tag
liz9100
Regular Contributor

someone made a major mistake please help

Credit At-A-Glance Total past due [?] Credit history [?] Late payments [?] $600
past due on 22 accounts
13 Years 1 Total balance of Your revolving accounts [?] $5,578 Your mortgages [?] $10,000 Your installment loans [?] $8,499 Total number of Accounts [?] 22 Accounts with balances [?] 12 Accounts opened in past year [?] 8 Recent inquiries [?] 2 Collections [?] 3 Public Records [?] 0

Red Flag= Marks an aspect of your credit that is hurting your FICO® score.

I have 22 accounts for some reason this just show up only on this credit report none others. How do I correct this report. I have paid off all my collection then this showed up......

Everyone above 610...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: someone made a major mistake please help

This is on your TransUnion report.  It is a reporting bug in the system.  I reported this several months ago.  Barry at myFico emailed back and said that it is not affecting our score.  He also said that if you have any negative info on your report that the system for some reason shows the total number of your accounts on your report (good or bad, no matter how they are reported individually) under the Past Due section. 

I sure do not like it.

So, I'm still waiting for the fix.
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I have the same on mine. I don't think it is hurting any. I think it says something like $640 past due on 15 accts. Really only 2 are past due. I'm curious if it changes if those 2 baddies disappear.
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Wow, llecs!  100 point gain in 6 months!  Impressive!
Message 4 of 8
liz9100
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the information am going nuts trying to find out what went wrong and all.
Everyone above 610...
Message 5 of 8
liz9100
Regular Contributor

How did you get your score up 100 points in 6 months........... I need all the advise I can get to get mine up faster. I'm paying down all accounts there just not reporting fast enough for me. I like quick response for everything........
Everyone above 610...
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

RobertEG and Liz9100, my scores did go up quite a bit but was due to sheer luck and a little work.

EX and TU actually went over 100 within the first month and a half. EQ was a little slow but I think it went over 75 within the first month.

Prior to August '07 we didn't care about credit. I didn't even know my score. On August 1, we received our zillionth CA letter and DW became very worried. I am a pack rat and sat down and cataloged every single late bill and CA notice we ever received since 1995. Recorded everything in Excel. That gave us a clear picture of who we owed money to, and it wasn't that much. It's amazing how many letters CAs will send over the course of a year or two.

We then pulled our reports directly from each CRA. WE didn't know what to do so we looked around and found several forums like this. Finally we learned to pull each FICO report, found this forum and through your advice and others, we got to work.

There were several baddies. I had up to 5 CAs listed and DW 2, I think. We had a few COs. No PRs. NO CCs. All the debt we had, with the exception of 1, was over 3 yrs old.

There were several things wrong. For example, we had a repo which was redeemed and paid on schedule through the end of the loan. Even though we had the car and title, TU listed the car as a repo with over $2k past due. I did dispute that based on balance and they propertly updated to $0. That helped. Another problem was a 7 yr old CC CO. Only problem was the same CO was listed twice on each report. Double reported. I disputed on the grounds of double reporting and asked them to remove only 1. They removed both due to the 7 yrs, I guess. That wasn't right, but I won't fight them. I also sent DV letter to each CA, and 3 of the 5 couldn't validate and went away. I also had 1 CA and 1 CO baddie fall off in the past few months due to age. EQ just went up by another 20 points this week because an old CA fell off. EQ now at 664. Another thing that helped was getting CCs when I had 0 before (produced a 40 point gain alone).

Sorry for being long but it is hard to keep short. I hope that was clear.
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I SPOKE TOO SOON ON THE EQ INCREASE!!!! SW alert - score down 32 points. First Premier, a paid CO, added a 6mo old 120 day late for the heck of it. Could be in response a dispute I did disputing the age. Just past 7 yrs and was verified as such. EQ dropped from 664 to 632. Smiley Mad

Oh well, I shall recover.

llecs wrote:
RobertEG and Liz9100, my scores did go up quite a bit but was due to sheer luck and a little work.

EX and TU actually went over 100 within the first month and a half. EQ was a little slow but I think it went over 75 within the first month.

Prior to August '07 we didn't care about credit. I didn't even know my score. On August 1, we received our zillionth CA letter and DW became very worried. I am a pack rat and sat down and cataloged every single late bill and CA notice we ever received since 1995. Recorded everything in Excel. That gave us a clear picture of who we owed money to, and it wasn't that much. It's amazing how many letters CAs will send over the course of a year or two.

We then pulled our reports directly from each CRA. WE didn't know what to do so we looked around and found several forums like this. Finally we learned to pull each FICO report, found this forum and through your advice and others, we got to work.

There were several baddies. I had up to 5 CAs listed and DW 2, I think. We had a few COs. No PRs. NO CCs. All the debt we had, with the exception of 1, was over 3 yrs old.

There were several things wrong. For example, we had a repo which was redeemed and paid on schedule through the end of the loan. Even though we had the car and title, TU listed the car as a repo with over $2k past due. I did dispute that based on balance and they propertly updated to $0. That helped. Another problem was a 7 yr old CC CO. Only problem was the same CO was listed twice on each report. Double reported. I disputed on the grounds of double reporting and asked them to remove only 1. They removed both due to the 7 yrs, I guess. That wasn't right, but I won't fight them. I also sent DV letter to each CA, and 3 of the 5 couldn't validate and went away. I also had 1 CA and 1 CO baddie fall off in the past few months due to age. EQ just went up by another 20 points this week because an old CA fell off. EQ now at 664. Another thing that helped was getting CCs when I had 0 before (produced a 40 point gain alone).

Sorry for being long but it is hard to keep short. I hope that was clear.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.