Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loan reporting

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

student loan reporting

I have been disputing information on my credit report now as most of you know.  Today I received the outcome from TU and they have changed my student loans to zero balance.  These are being paid through my chapter 13 and will continue to be paid after my discharge.  Is this a good thing for my credit report or a bad thing?  As in, the score being effected by the zero balance?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: student loan reporting

student loans are ineligible for discharge through bankruptcy, can you please clarify...?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 3
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: student loan reporting

Yes I know they cannot be discharged however, TU changed them from "included in BK" with the balance owing to "included in BK" balance zero.  In fact, they completely deleted one of my student loans.  I have 4 and now I only have 3 reporting.  So just wondering if this is a good thing or bad cause now NONE of my on time payments will be reported EVER on these loans by TU.  They are still reporting as IIB, with a balance owing on Eq and Ex. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.