Valued Member
fixmycredit

student loans showing up many times...

I have both federal and private student loans. But I have recently consolidated my federal loans. Is it appropriate that the original loans show up on my credit reports?

The reason I ask is because when I pulled all 3 CRs through myfico, I have a total of 31 accounts and there's a flag next to it indicating that it's "an aspect of your credit that is hurting your FICO score". Although all my school loans are in good standing, the flag seems to indicate that my score is lowered due to the number of account I have. Is this true? If so, is there anything I can do to remove all these "excess" student loans since they are consolidated?

i'd appreciate any info. THANKS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: student loans showing up many times...

Yep- normal to have the old loans being there too.
I would not stress on the flag about too many accounts.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+