Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too few accounts in good standing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

too few accounts in good standing?

Hi, I just checked my scores from credit check total and on my transunion it says too few accounts in good standing.. I have one negative charge off from almost 7yrs ago, I have 7 revolving accounts and 1 installment. 2 of the accounts are less than 2 months old and three are less than 6 months old. I feel I have enough for credit cards but does fico want to see more? Or is it just because of new accounts opened recently? This is the first time I've seen this remark so I guess I'm just a little confused as to how to fix it. Lol

3 REPLIES 3
silkysean
Regular Contributor

Re: too few accounts in good standing?

Nothing to worry about your accounts are new just garden which means don't apply for any new credit and let all your accounts age.Fico likes to see old aged accounts so anytime your profile is full of new credit and you don't have accounts with good age it will say this.Ive had credit for years since everything that wiped out in chapter 7 almost 8 years ago and I have good average age of accounts but recently opened 6 new accounts within last 2 years and mine still will say new accounts as reason why my scores not higher.Just focus on growing profile and paying on time no  lates and be Patient and your scores will increase with time.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I was thinking that there's no way I need more credit right now. I'll stay in the garden. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, be sure to actually use new cards that you get.  Doesn't need to be anything more than a little bit, and just for the first few months.  But you'll be establishing a record of card use and (one hopes) payment in full, both with the issuer and on your actual reports..  Issuers will cancel cards that have never been used and they will sometimes do this a lot sooner than you might think.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.