Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

totally confused about my scores

tag
dominow
New Contributor

totally confused about my scores

hi! i'm new to the credit scoring and very confused. i pulled an equifax and it gave me an eq of 727, ex of 722 and tu score of 726. i did tu and all i got was an 810B.  experian says i'm an 746. credit semame says i am a 742 and credit karma says i'm 704.quizzle is:718.  what gives?  i'm with a 3 year, old new mortgage, on a 15 year loan. 5 cards, zero balance on 3. $2950 total  balance on 2 cards with a $5,000 limit each. no late anything. ever

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: totally confused about my scores

There are lots of different formulas used to compute scores, and because of this, your scores will vary.  They will also vary because of different information on each report, and because scores change as information is updated from day to day.

I'd suggest sticking with a FICO score from a single source.  If you want to go even further, then I'd follow the FICO scoring model used in the mortgage business.

Message 2 of 4
dominow
New Contributor

thanks! when i got my mortgage my score was 720. not sure which credit reporting they used. my mortgage is 5%

Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@dominow wrote:

thanks! when i got my mortgage my score was 720. not sure which credit reporting they used. my mortgage is 5%

Pretty much all mortgage lenders use the Classic FICO04 score model.   The 720 would have been your middle score, so it could have come from any of the CRAs.

If you look through your documentation you should be able to find your credit disclosure with FICO scores from all three CRAs.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.