Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion 30 point drop

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

transunion 30 point drop

So what does it mean when you drop 30 points and fico gives you zero explanation for it.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: transunion 30 point drop

@zerbherb wrote:

So what does it mean when you drop 30 points and fico gives you zero explanation for it.

It means that something has happened in your credit profile that the scoring model does not like, no one can tell you what it is based on the info you have provided, we would need a lot more details to even begin to analyze it.

Message 2 of 7
zerbherb
Established Contributor

They gave no information on why the drop happened. I have no idea also, if there was a reason i would have listed it here.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 3 of 7
aav
Established Contributor

That stinks!! The biggest drop I had was 2 years ago.. 23 pts.The biggest increase I had was almost 70 points, but that's within the period of time I hadn't checked my score at all.. for about a year and 1/2. Have you checked it regularly or did you just check in after a long period of time.

Maybe the drop will be followed by some kind of explanation as it sometimes does the following day. I usually know what will trigger a drop.. new account. paying off an installment, high balances. etc. any of those sound like they may apply?

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 4 of 7
zerbherb
Established Contributor

None of those apply.

;
Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@zerbherb wrote:

None of those apply.

As frustrating as it can be sometimes there is no clear answer. It's normal for scores to move up and down from month to month.

Our credit profiles are constantly changing.

Keep doing all the right things and your scores will take care of themselves.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month, I lost 21 pts with TU and I couldn't figure out why.  I "assumed" it was due to my DH closing a card that I was a AU on but it wasn't the reason.  How do I know that?  I had an alert  2 days ago that TU went up 21 pts.  No reason why and nothing has changed.  It was bugging me so bad that I bought an updated report.  Absolutely no difference in my report - no balance changes, no nothing. 

If you don't get any furhter changes or alerts, don't worry.  You will get the points back (unless it was a collection or late payment etc)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.