cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tri merge scores!!!

tag
aschemenaur

tri merge scores!!!

My husband and I are trying to purchase a home. We've been working very hard on our credit.....We actively monitor our scores and report but our scores with the lenders are sooooo very different. Can someone explain why??? How does tri merge calculate the scores compared to ones we can pull here. I have almost a 60 point difference? This is getting frustrating and I can't afford score wise to keep pulling a hard pull with the lender every few months?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: tri merge scores!!!

Welcome to the forums!

Mortgage lending uses the 04 series of scores, and the ones here are the 08 series.

These are different formulas, and thus the numbers that come out will typically be different.

I believe the mortgage industry is still using the 04 scores because of the need for standardization, and the fact that mortages are often sold and bundled and turned into investment products.

Message 2 of 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: tri merge scores!!!

A tri merge does not affaect socres. What is different about a trimerge report is the tradeslines  are blended /merged together.  For example if you have a credit card that reports to all three bureaus the credit report will show one trade line and that it was reported by all three bureaus. The Cra does the blending/merging of the credit data the scores are not affected they are put on the report just as the bureau reported it.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.