Regular Contributor
hyprble

unsecured personal loan - how much will score drop once paid off?

Hello!  I have a 36mo P2P loan that will be completely paid off next month (yay!).  I noticed that my original amount (credit limit?) of $5000 is reported on my credit report.  I have some credit cards with balances, so my utilization is unfortunately high.  Will my score drop significantly once this loan is paid off?  I have no other items on my credit report besides credit cards and one other P2P loan that was paid off/closed 2 years ago.  My average age of accounts is around 8 years.

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
09Lexie

Re: unsecured personal loan - how much will score drop once paid off?

Regular Contributor
hyprble

Installment

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
09Lexie

Installments don't weigh as much into your score. However, some have reported that once an installment loan closes there is a drop. Maybe due to FICOs credit mix algorithm . It is really would be a guess. I'd suggest using a credit score simulator for a better idea.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}