Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up another 3 pts

tag
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

up another 3 pts

Must be my lucky time! 37 pts on equifax, 34 on transunion, down one on experian :-(

The addition of the six cards I got this yr have really helped!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: up another 3 pts

and 22 for walmart fico!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 2 of 14
klondike
Valued Member

You added 6 inquiries in 1 year and that helped your scores?

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Steelersboy wrote:

Must be my lucky time! 37 pts on equifax, 34 on transunion, down one on experian :-(

The addition of the six cards I got this yr have really helped!

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Looking good!

And it's possible to have a score increase if OPs util was lowered
Message 5 of 14
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@klondike wrote:

You added 6 inquiries in 1 year and that helped your scores?

lexy hit the nail on the head

Message 6 of 14
klondike
Valued Member

Help me understand how adding 6 inquiries in 1 year, regardless of util shows responsible credit management.

Starting FICO EQ Score: 597
Current FICO EQ Score: 664
Goal FICO EQ Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@klondike

There are various reasons why a person decides to add cc's to their portfolio. Responsible credit management to me is being able to pay your debts on time, live within your means and app for cc's you need.
Message 8 of 14
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@klondike wrote:

Help me understand how adding 6 inquiries in 1 year, regardless of util shows responsible credit management.

help me understand how it doesnt

I have no collections, pay all bills on time, and never max out my cards. I didnt have much for revolving credit. again, show me how it doesnt

Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@klondike wrote:

I add 5-7 a year for different purposes

0% 

Gas incentives (current 2% when my Discover isn't getting 5%)

Food incentives (current 2% Looking at two now that gives 3% or 6%)

points structures cash back and travel miles

Signup bonuses (current 41,000 + pts)

There's 5 different reasons and I pay no interest on any cards 

As of August CC's have paid me 300.00+ in cash back and 4 months left in the year

I have cards that I will redeem points for gift cards come December for Christmas gifts 

So if you really take a good look at it they're paying me to use their cards and next year CCC may have other cards that suit me better...

(responsible credit management)Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.