Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up down up down.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

up down up down.

got a 20 point decrease for a inquiry. then my discover card showed up on my credit report and it went up 16 points.

can anyone explain?

aaoa is 5 months prob not now since discover reported.

should i keep adding cards, lol everytime i do my score goes up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: up down up down.

@Anonymous wrote:

got a 20 point decrease for a inquiry. then my discover card showed up on my credit report and it went up 16 points.

can anyone explain?

Power of a thin file.  Magic of a new file too from the sounds of it.

Lot depends on what's on your report, but making unneeded applications doesn't do anyone any good now and limited benefit in the future too.  AAOA's floor is one year so that doesn't make a difference, but I got consistent increases in my first six months nearly regardless of what I did... then I got to 640 on a Beacon 5.0 by the end of the year and it's been a serious slow crawl for the following 2 years after that to 680ish.  

Step back and establish some goals, then build a plan to meet that.  Nice starterish card though in that Discover, congrats!

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: up down up down.

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

can anyone explain?

Power of a thin file.  Magic of a new file too from the sounds of it.

Lot depends on what's on your report, but making unneeded applications doesn't do anyone any good now and limited benefit in the future too.  AAOA's floor is one year so that doesn't make a difference, but I got consistent increases in my first six months nearly regardless of what I did... then I got to 640 on a Beacon 5.0 by the end of the year and it's been a serious slow crawl for the following 2 years after that to 680ish.  

Step back and establish some goals, then build a plan to meet that.  Nice starterish card though in that Discover, congrats!

1 year truck loan perfect payments just refinanced to lower intrest rate after paying off in 1 year

1 chase freedom (1month)

1 cap1 (5 months)

1 paypal smart connect (2 months)

1 victoria secret (1month)

1 discover (just reported today)

1 first national bank of omaha (hasnt reported yet)

maybe 6-8 inquirys

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.