Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates on scores/Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

updates on scores/Capital One

Hi,

Why hasn't my transunion score updated for the month yet? Both of the others seem to have updated although my Equifax went up 26 points for a decrease in cc but Trans Union hasn't updated at all this month and Experian moved one point for something different. Does Capital One not report monthly to all three bureaus? They did last month or is it just too soon in the month for fico to have update my info?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: updates on scores/Capital One

When I log into the app on my phone, it gives the date for when they will update. Seems like once per month. I use Barclay and myFico for updates now though.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That capital one tracker is like 2 months behind . The score is fake anyway . I wouldn't worry about it .
Message 3 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Why hasn't my transunion score updated for the month yet? Both of the others seem to have updated although my Equifax went up 26 points for a decrease in cc but Trans Union hasn't updated at all this month and Experian moved one point for something different. Does Capital One not report monthly to all three bureaus? They did last month or is it just too soon in the month for fico to have update my info?  

I am not quite sure what your question is.  Yes, Cap1 certainly reports to the three major CRA's.  I believe Cap1 will report shortly after your statement cuts.  This is not related to the FAKO TU Trans Risk score they provide.

For me at least the Trans Risk score doesn't move around that much from utilization (or at least not for my utilization range).  If you wish to get weekly Trans Risk scores, join CreditKarma.  They will provide free weekly scores.  As stated earlier the scores are worthless from an app standpoint.  But you are welcome to use them to monitor your progress.  The best thing about CreditKarma is they give you a weekly TU credit report.  Regularly reviewing your credit reports is much more important than looking at your score, but it does take more work.

If you want a periodic FICO TU-08 score, get a Barclay, Discover and/or Wallmart CC. 

Message 4 of 8
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have two Cap1 accounts that SHOULD have reported to the CBs by now.... generally on the 8th (like clockwork).... and neither account has reported to any of the three CBs.  So I'm not sure what's going on.... but the fact that two of yours have posted should mean that the third is on it's way shortly Smiley Happy 

I paid both my Cap1 accounts to $0 this past month... so am waiting anxiously for these new balances to hit!  It's the proverbial "watched pot never boils" scenario for me.

When does your Cap1 account generally hit TU?  If you look back on your TU reports (if you pull directly from TU like me), it should show you the last date posted.  Which, as someone else stated, is just a few days after the new statement posts.  Mine generally hit on the 8th... every month... all three bureaus. 

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one statement ends on the 25th of the month. I too paid down my balances to zero. It showed up on my Equifax and brought my score up 26 points but Experian only went up a point. My TU has not updated at all since 8-28. If I go on the TU site I have a score 100 points higher than what's shown here on myfico.
Message 6 of 8
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one statement ends on the 25th of the month. I too paid down my balances to zero. It showed up on my Equifax and brought my score up 26 points but Experian only went up a point. My TU has not updated at all since 8-28. If I go on the TU site I have a score 100 points higher than what's shown here on myfico.

rjnh:  It's actually different for everyone.  I have three Cap1 cards.... two statements pull on the 8th, and one on the 25th.  And they report at those times.

I watch this fanatically Smiley Happy  as I'm trying to eek out 17 points for the best possible mortgage rates/products I can get Smiley Happy

as for TU.... don't give much credence to what their FAKO score says.  My lender pull for TU was a 693, and the TU site FAKO score says I'm at a 790!! Smiley Happy  The fako scores are useless.  But... just an FYI - the lender pull score for TU was 50 points higher than what myFICO is on here.  My TU score tanked on myFICO when they upgraded a few months back.  Stinky!! Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 7 of 8
nmbrsgrl
Contributor

My TU hasn't updated anywhere in quite some time either. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 582
Current Score: EQ658|TU654|EX640 as of 10/19/15
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.