Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variance between TU and Eq scores

tag
Yankeefan
Valued Member

variance between TU and Eq scores

I have been playing with my Uti to see my effect on my Fico scores.  Now both my TU and Eq reports contain the exact same information. My Eq score is 792, and TU is 753. TU claims my installment loans (student loans) totaling $4k are negatively impacting my score. I dont understand the 40 point variance between the two reports, considering they are based on the same information.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: variance between TU and Eq scores

There's always a difference in the scores.  Some weigh certain aspects differently than others.  Your scores are in pretty good shape, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Sometimes, the negative explanation does not make sense either. They must report something in that column or everybody would be at 850 PERFECT!.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 5
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Even a Yankee fan can understand it.   (LOL)

The different scores are because they weight the data differently.  Even with absolutely identical data the scores usually vary and sometimes quite a bit.  There is simply no reason to expect the scores to be similar.

Message 4 of 5
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Yankeefan wrote:

I have been playing with my Uti to see my effect on my Fico scores.  Now both my TU and Eq reports contain the exact same information. My Eq score is 792, and TU is 753.

That would depend on what you mean by variance. Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, it's common that people overlook something like the account type of a trade line across the three agencies, which can make a huge difference such as whether it's used for util or not.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.