Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which credit beaureu is the hardest

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which credit beaureu is the hardest

I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax.  My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.

What beaureu is the hardest to establish a better score with? Which beaureu is most often reveiewed?
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: which credit beaureu is the hardest

I think it is different for everyone. as of today TU hates me but last month EQ hated me
Message 2 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax. My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.
What beaureu is the hardest to establish a better score with? Which beaureu is most often reveiewed?

It seems that Experian is being used a bit more lately with all the hulabaloo over the problems over at Transunion and Equifax concerning the software and inqs. No one bureau is harder to score with than the other really although some might say Experian is a touch lower for them.
Message 3 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax. My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.

It seems that Experian is being used a bit more lately with all the hulabaloo over the problems over at Transunion and Equifax concerning the software and inqs. No one bureau is harder to score with than the other really although some might say Experian is a touch lower for them.

I agree!!!
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXP hates me.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

ex is my lowest by at least 35 points!
Message 6 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And yet it's my highest by 50, and it even has an old account that the others don't have, where it reports the last payment as late and current status as 30 days late. I'd love to dispute it, but I don't want to rock the boat. go figure

edit: Whoops, highest by 40. Empty stomach + pinot noir = bad math. Still, an irritating score gap.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-08-2007 08:11 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 26
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

I hate TU. Seems like no matter what I do, I can't get it up to the same score range as EQ and EX as it is always ~20 points lower.

EX is my favorite as it seems pretty resilient to inquiries and new accounts, in fact, my score went up! EQ is a bit picky on inquiries and new accounts, but seeing as it is about the same score as my EX, I have no complaints.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

transunion hates me  589
equifax 647
experian 644
Message 9 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you have lates, you are doomed with EQ until they get some age on them, or you can GW (goodwill) them off.

FICO's: EQ 651 - EX 691 - TU 681 Thtuck! Thtuuuuuck!!!! (from A Christmas Story--kid with tongue frozen to flagpole)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.