Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which credit beaureu is the hardest

EX by a far margin for me.
Message 11 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

All you posters with lower EX scores, do you have some sort of feel for why they are lower than the others? (Lotsa inqs, BK's, whatever) I don't know why EX likes me so far, but I'm pitifully grateful, and I'd like to keep things smooth with them. You know my theories about EQ and lates and relatively short history.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 26
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
All you posters with lower EX scores, do you have some sort of feel for why they are lower than the others? (Lotsa inqs, BK's, whatever) I don't know why EX likes me so far, but I'm pitifully grateful, and I'd like to keep things smooth with them. You know my theories about EQ and lates and relatively short history.

I only have a 3 point spread between high and low but there are a few more nqs on my EX than on TU and EQ. I have 5 on EX 1 on TU and 0 on EQ. All my reports are nearly identical. There is a stray old closed account here and there that is picked up on one not another etc etc.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX just hits me harder for inqs. It's probably the type of inqs but that is why my score is lower on EX.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 10-10-2007 06:56 AM
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find EQ is tough on me. Followed by EXP. I guess TU likes me the best

10/01/07:
TU: 676
EXP: 665
EQ: 633 Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

EX has never reported 3 Amex accounts: one 27 years old (AU), one 28 years (AU) and my Blue card 10 months old.

Message 16 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I thought EX and AmEx were cozy--why wouldn't EX report?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I thought EX and AmEx were cozy--why wouldn't EX report?

They both blame the other. What I really want are the the two old ones to report and just forget about the blue card. I have the feeling if the two oldest report, my scores will go up quite a bit...just in time before I start apping again for a mortgage.
Message 18 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: I thought EX and AmEx were cozy--why wouldn't EX report?
They both blame the other. What I really want are the the two old ones to report and just forget about the blue card. I have the feeling if the two oldest report, my scores will go up quite a bit...just in time before I start apping again for a mortgage.
Does this mean no Guam relocation?
Message 19 of 26
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

This may help as an overall difference...

VantageScore vs. FICO score

The VantageScore is based on six variables, versus the FICO score's five variables. Here's a comparison of the two:

Vantage score

Payment history                          32%

Uttilization                                 23%

Balances                                   15%

Depth of credit                           13%

Recent credit                             10%

Available credit                            7%

Total                                        100%

FICO score

Payment history                         35%

Length of credit history               15%

Amounts owed                           30%

Types of credit uses                   10%

New credit                                 10%

Total                                       100%

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.