bktj

which credit beaureu is the hardest

I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax.  My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.

What beaureu is the hardest to establish a better score with? Which beaureu is most often reveiewed?
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

Re: which credit beaureu is the hardest

I think it is different for everyone. as of today TU hates me but last month EQ hated me
Senior Contributor
smallfry

bktj wrote:
I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax. My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.
What beaureu is the hardest to establish a better score with? Which beaureu is most often reveiewed?

It seems that Experian is being used a bit more lately with all the hulabaloo over the problems over at Transunion and Equifax concerning the software and inqs. No one bureau is harder to score with than the other really although some might say Experian is a touch lower for them.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

smallfry wrote:

bktj wrote:
I am curently doing score watch and you know it only does Equifax. My score is 644 after a bankruptcy discharge 2 months ago and a school loan being reported to zero.

It seems that Experian is being used a bit more lately with all the hulabaloo over the problems over at Transunion and Equifax concerning the software and inqs. No one bureau is harder to score with than the other really although some might say Experian is a touch lower for them.

I agree!!!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

EXP hates me.
Senior Contributor
imducky

ex is my lowest by at least 35 points!
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

[ Edited ]
And yet it's my highest by 50, and it even has an old account that the others don't have, where it reports the last payment as late and current status as 30 days late. I'd love to dispute it, but I don't want to rock the boat. go figure

edit: Whoops, highest by 40. Empty stomach + pinot noir = bad math. Still, an irritating score gap.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 10-08-2007 08:11 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
andyaycw

I hate TU. Seems like no matter what I do, I can't get it up to the same score range as EQ and EX as it is always ~20 points lower.

EX is my favorite as it seems pretty resilient to inquiries and new accounts, in fact, my score went up! EQ is a bit picky on inquiries and new accounts, but seeing as it is about the same score as my EX, I have no complaints.

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score: EX 794, EQ 787, TU 776
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
bktj

transunion hates me  589
equifax 647
experian 644
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

If you have lates, you are doomed with EQ until they get some age on them, or you can GW (goodwill) them off.

FICO's: EQ 651 - EX 691 - TU 681 Thtuck! Thtuuuuuck!!!! (from A Christmas Story--kid with tongue frozen to flagpole)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}