Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which credit bureau to pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which credit bureau to pull?

hey all,

I always wondered which credit bureau do you guys pull and why? i don't find it necessary to pull from all 3 all the time. i usually pull equifax cause they seem like the main one for me and most info. i find transunion to be useless really and experian in the middle. what are your expreiences like? if you could only pull one bureau how do you decide which one?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: which credit bureau to pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

hey all,

I always wondered which credit bureau do you guys pull and why? i don't find it necessary to pull from all 3 all the time. i usually pull equifax cause they seem like the main one for me and most info. i find transunion to be useless really and experian in the middle. what are your expreiences like? if you could only pull one bureau how do you decide which one?

I pull all three so I can check for possible errors on each one. I don't really favor one over another. It comes down to personal preference.

Message 2 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

TrueCredit for a full three-way view once per month.

Direct CBR pulls to look at the soft INQ's about once every other month.

Score Watch so I am up to date on EQ FICO. (Which is most likely my lowest.)

transunioncs.com once in a while so I can peek at the TU FICO. (Not that frequently - just a little more often recently as I near 760!)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Equifax SW so I monitor it constantly. It also seems to be used most for me. Then I pull TU with score every couple of months to check on it. I only pull Experian once a year for the free report. It is my least used based on accounts and inquiries and I personally HATE experian and refuse to give them my money. I pull it once a year to check for discrepancies and thats it.
Message 4 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have Equifax SW so I monitor it constantly. It also seems to be used most for me. Then I pull TU with score every couple of months to check on it. I only pull Experian once a year for the free report. It is my least used based on accounts and inquiries and I personally HATE experian and refuse to give them my money. I pull it once a year to check for discrepancies and thats it.

Hi okstatefan...you can also pull your Experian reports free 2x year from Quizzle. They try to sell you credit-related products (which I don't even look at), but the reports are good.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-20-2010 04:33 AM
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Lynette I will have to check that out. That will be handy for the reports I just like to make sure nothing suspicious shows up on that report but twice a year will be better than just once.
Message 6 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Only full CBR's obtained directly from the CBR's present the soft INQ's.
Message 7 of 11
rosa29617
New Contributor

I believe credit lending agencies typically pull from the CRA closest to their locale. for example, I currently live in South Carolina, so whenever I apply or have applied for credit while living here, the lender pulls an EQ report. Several years ago when I lived in Missouri, a pull was usually from TransUnion. There is one twist however, when applying for a mortgage, the lender will pull from all three credit agencies. Curious, has anyone else noticed this???
Message 8 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

At one time the CRB's business was regional. This goes way way back when the whole process was at a lower threshold of automation. Eventually those regional businesses all became national. While there are vestiges of that former regionality exist they are diminished almost to nothing now.

Message 9 of 11
rosa29617
New Contributor

In other words...its a toss up, right!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.