Established Member
creditcrazy25

which credit bureau to pull?

hey all,

I always wondered which credit bureau do you guys pull and why? i don't find it necessary to pull from all 3 all the time. i usually pull equifax cause they seem like the main one for me and most info. i find transunion to be useless really and experian in the middle. what are your expreiences like? if you could only pull one bureau how do you decide which one?

MarineVietVet

Re: which credit bureau to pull?

creditcrazy25 wrote:

hey all,

I always wondered which credit bureau do you guys pull and why? i don't find it necessary to pull from all 3 all the time. i usually pull equifax cause they seem like the main one for me and most info. i find transunion to be useless really and experian in the middle. what are your expreiences like? if you could only pull one bureau how do you decide which one?

I pull all three so I can check for possible errors on each one. I don't really favor one over another. It comes down to personal preference.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

TrueCredit for a full three-way view once per month.

Direct CBR pulls to look at the soft INQ's about once every other month.

Score Watch so I am up to date on EQ FICO. (Which is most likely my lowest.)

transunioncs.com once in a while so I can peek at the TU FICO. (Not that frequently - just a little more often recently as I near 760!)

Established Contributor
okstatefan5945

I have Equifax SW so I monitor it constantly. It also seems to be used most for me. Then I pull TU with score every couple of months to check on it. I only pull Experian once a year for the free report. It is my least used based on accounts and inquiries and I personally HATE experian and refuse to give them my money. I pull it once a year to check for discrepancies and thats it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Credit Goals
1. No Lates
2. Join the 700 club
3. No inquiries
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

[ Edited ]

okstatefan5945 wrote:
I have Equifax SW so I monitor it constantly. It also seems to be used most for me. Then I pull TU with score every couple of months to check on it. I only pull Experian once a year for the free report. It is my least used based on accounts and inquiries and I personally HATE experian and refuse to give them my money. I pull it once a year to check for discrepancies and thats it.

Hi okstatefan...you can also pull your Experian reports free 2x year from Quizzle. They try to sell you credit-related products (which I don't even look at), but the reports are good.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-20-2010 04:33 AM
Established Contributor
okstatefan5945

Thank you Lynette I will have to check that out. That will be handy for the reports I just like to make sure nothing suspicious shows up on that report but twice a year will be better than just once.
2011 Credit Goals
1. No Lates
2. Join the 700 club
3. No inquiries
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Only full CBR's obtained directly from the CBR's present the soft INQ's.
New Contributor
rosa29617

I believe credit lending agencies typically pull from the CRA closest to their locale. for example, I currently live in South Carolina, so whenever I apply or have applied for credit while living here, the lender pulls an EQ report. Several years ago when I lived in Missouri, a pull was usually from TransUnion. There is one twist however, when applying for a mortgage, the lender will pull from all three credit agencies. Curious, has anyone else noticed this???
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

At one time the CRB's business was regional. This goes way way back when the whole process was at a lower threshold of automation. Eventually those regional businesses all became national. While there are vestiges of that former regionality exist they are diminished almost to nothing now.

New Contributor
rosa29617

In other words...its a toss up, right!!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}