Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which should I pay first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which should I pay first?

I have a few credit cards open and just wanted to raise my utilization by april but im not sure which will make that happen please advise which card would help me the most on UTIL score.

$939 BALANCE card #1 $1100 limit  22%

$355 BALANCE card #2 $900 Limit 14.5%

$3313 BALANCE card #3   $4000 limit no interest for 24 months

$408 BALANCE  card #4  $800 limit  interest %22.9

------------------cards paid off

$0.00 balance card #5  $350 limit    %14 interest

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which should I pay first?

Forgot to mention that someone helped me when they had a zero balance on there card and added me as an authorized user

it's reporting to all 3 CRA's

$480 balance    $600 limit ... not my card though should I just get removed from this AU card?

Message 2 of 10
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I take it you would like to lower your utilization rather than raise it. If so, it doesn't matter which card(s) you pay off; the total of balances divided by the total credit limits will be the same. When that is said though, not all cards report their credit limits and and such will not be used for utilization, so narrow down which ones do.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

opps yes that was a mistype meant to say lower not raise the util... Smiley Happy

currently they are all reporting limits so I guess I'll attack the higher interest ones first

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

I take it you would like to lower your utilization rather than raise it. If so, it doesn't matter which card(s) you pay off; the total of balances divided by the total credit limits will be the same. When that is said though, not all cards report their credit limits and and such will not be used for utilization, so narrow down which ones do.

I'm not sure this info is correct.  If your utilization is

high on one card it will affect score but I could be

wrong.

MODS??????

Message 5 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

I'm not sure this info is correct.  If your utilization is

high on one card it will affect score but I could be

wrong.

MODS??????

Both overall and individual card uitilization is scored. Plus how many accounts have balances.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not know that high balance on one card is taken into factor...wow learn something new on this forum everyday

Message 7 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not know that high balance on one card is taken into factor...wow learn something new on this forum everyday

Was this in response to my post or someone else's?

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yours

Message 9 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

yours

Ok. Well I wasn't sure what you meant by I did not know that high balance on one card is taken into factor and wanted to make sure we're both on the same page. For most types of cards it's not the high balance of each card that is scored but the percentage of the credit limit used for each card that is scored.

We might be saying the same thing but in a different way?

From a BK years ago to:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.