Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which would raise score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which would raise score

I am an AU on an account that is 17 years old, but at the moment is at 60% utilization, although not mine, it is on my CR.  My oldest acct. is 3 years.

The owner of the acct always pays on time but won't be below 30% for another 5 months. What would help my scores more, leave it the way it is or having myself removed as AU for about 7 months?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which would raise score

What is the credit limit of that card?  What is the combined limit of all your cards not counting that card?

What is your average age of accounts (AAoA) when you include the AU card?  What is your AAoA when you do not include that card?

Knowing the answers to those questions is essential before your other question can be answered.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limit is 2,700.  Combined limit of all of my cards not counting this one  is 81,500,  AAoA with AU card is 1 year-8mo--AAoA without is 5mo  Fico 08 scores as of 8-26-15 are EQ 687  TU 704  EX  698

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danny!  You have been adding cards like a mofo in the last year or two if a 17 year old account only extends your AAoA to a year and 8 months.

Well, my feeling is you should keep it, since you even if you get rid of it you plan to add it back in six months.  The owner will have the balance to below 50% in a few months it sounds like, and total U matters much more than the individual U of any CC.  It will extend the total age of your profile from 3 to 17 which will be a big help.

For what it is worth, I would urge you to develop a plan for getting rid of it at some point, and a plan for controlling your need for more cards.  The best thing you can do for yourself and your particular credit profile is to pay your CC debt in full every month (if you don't) and stop applying for more cards -- allow the ones you have to age.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My total utilization on my cards is 2%. Only 2 cards with balance. I have 27 cards.  .  I have 5 store cards and the rest are bankcards.  I have not applied for anything for 3 months and don't plan to apply for anything new. Just wanted to see how fast  I could get my scores back to the 750's where they were.  I just don't like seeing my scores below 700.  The one thing I have plenty of is time.  I think I will just leave things the way they are.    

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.