Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wildly varying credit scores

tag
avcnslts
New Visitor

wildly varying credit scores

My credit score with one company has ranged between 795 and 418 for the past year. There has been no significant change in my credit picture. There is no information as to why the score declined/improved. First, how can I determine what effected my score? Second, does it matter?

edit: This post was split off from Credit Scoring 101 to form its own thread. It was edited to supply a new thread title.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-25-2008 06:56 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: wildly varying credit scores

Hi, welcome to the forums!

There's not nearly enough info there to tell us anything. Were all these scores FICO scores, pulled here (for the most part), or are some from TrueCredit, some from CreditSecure, some from myFICO and so forth? Which credit report (EQ/ Equifax, TU/ TransUnion, EX/ Experian)? What changes, significant or not, have appeared on your report?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.