Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will credit score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will credit score increase?

Just a quickie,
I have 2 inquiries that will drop of later this month and next, leaving 2 inquiries with no new inquiries in the last year. Will this affect my score positively or does it not make a difference?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: will credit score increase?

My guess is no change will occur due to 2 inquiries dropping off. 4 inquiries is not a lot.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

I also agree with Cobra,  Your CR will look better under MR though.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't forget that inqs only hurt you on the CRA they appear on. So 2 inqs on EQ don't affect TU and EX, and so forth. Also, you said 2 would "fall off." If they're due to fall off because they're nearly 2 years old, they stopped counting for scoring after one year. If they're moving past one year old, they will still display on your full reports, but they won't affect scoring.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

What HTSU said. Inqs only hurt scores for one year.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They hurt FICO only for one year, but they still can influence CCCs in making their decisions. Say, 50 inquiries that are >12 month can still be a reason for rejecting a CC application.

Message Edited by Physicist on 09-04-2008 03:27 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.