Frequent Contributor
credit08

Re: will one more CC cause big decrease on score

Yep hauling I agree "Out With The Old- In With the New the current FICO system needs to be, put out to pasture.Insert Smileys Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

RobertEG wrote:
I am kind curious as to where you received the opinion that 29 CCs is ideal. I have never seen that anywhere. To the contrary, FairIsaac risk analysis has stated publicly that 2-3 cards is ideal, and risk rises above that (FairIsaac presentation before the FTC). FICO scoring is based on their risk analysis.
Aside from the known risk anaylsis, I could not imagine the FICO task of managing 29 open CCs, maintaing the balance on each below 10%, and also trying to keep at least half with no balance. Why not just get a BT to an existing CC, and thus not incur a new hard inq in obtaining a new TL?
I guess I just dont undestand the FICO strategy in this......

Robert from my own experience once I had 30 open/closed accounts on my reports I received a red flag. I don't even know how much it hurt my score maybe not at all. My TU and EQ have 29 and 28 due to some oldies dropping and I do not get the flag. EX with 34 has the flag. Optimum credit cards 2-3? That's so 1999. :smileyhappy: I think you need some options and 5-7 cards is fine. No more than that for me thank you.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

R.E.G. it's not 29 open revolving accounts. It's a total of open/closed accounts still on your reports. I have 34 on my EX and I currently have 6 credit cards a Walmart charge account and a car loan. 8 in total. I have a bunch of paid car loans mortgages opened and closed credit cards. Credit cards I received that were ultimately combined and closed. You have some posters over at CB with 80 or more accounts reporting most obviously are closed.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+