cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would a drop from 87% total utilization to 50% net good points?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: would a drop from 87% total utilization to 50% net good points?

I pay the same price everyone else does. Smiley Sad   But it was well worth paying that for the data.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies everyone.   Do points lost due to utiization return point for point as it's paid off?   Meaning, if I lose 23 points because a balance increases by 1000, should I expect to see a 23 point increase when I pay that 1000?

Message 12 of 16
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone.   Do points lost due to utiization return point for point as it's paid off?   Meaning, if I lose 23 points because a balance increases by 1000, should I expect to see a 23 point increase when I pay that 1000?

Fico has no memory of your past utilization. If everything else in your reports is exactly the same, you should see the same movement up from lowered utilization that you saw on the way down when your utilization increased.

Of course, everything won't be exactly the same though. Accounts will have been older, balances won't be exactly the same, etc.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico has no memory of your past utilization. If everything else in your reports is exactly the same, you should see the same movement up from lowered utilization that you saw on the way down when your utilization increased.

Of course, everything won't be exactly the same though. Accounts will have been older, balances won't be exactly the same, etc.

FICO doesn't but your report and lenders do, correct?

Message 14 of 16
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Anybody who can see old copies of the credit report would know the utilization for that particular tradeline for that particular date/time the report was generated.  Most importantly would probably be the lender/tradeline itself who monitors it's lendees activities.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 15 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ptrutkowski wrote:

@stan_the_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

FICO doesn't but your report and lenders do, correct?

While it's obviously possible that lenders might hold on to your old softed credit reports, why would they? I mean, multiply this by the millions of cardholders that they have.

Naturally they keep track of your history on their own account. And your reports do seem to show previous total charges --you can see this on your own consumer Experian report, and I'll bet that their versions show the same. They probably want to know that you do in fact use your CC's.

But I'd be hard-pressed to think of anything that worried me less than this.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.