cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong equifax score

Valued Member

wrong equifax score

equifax score pulled by myfico same day as comenity bank show two different scores,myfico got it as 633 and comenty bank have it at 563.whats going on here can someone help me understand this.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score

Unless the scoring models used are the same, the scores cannot be compared.

 

There are many variations of FICO and FAKO algorithms floating around.

 

Message 2 of 11
Established Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


user5387 wrote:

Unless the scoring models used are the same, the scores cannot be compared.

 

There are many variations of FICO and FAKO algorithms floating around.

 


+1

And, FICO is the most accurate! Be Happy!  Smiley Happy



EQ 842, EX 842, TU 842

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 11
Valued Member

Re: wrong equifax score

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I pulled mine and it was at 645(myfico) and my cu pulled a 611 fico .. Makes you wonder....

oh both were ex


Starting Score : 525 6/2012
Current Score : EQ 616 TU 633 EX 641
Goal Score : 700 Across
Message 4 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


arrazola_a wrote:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I pulled mine and it was at 645(myfico) and my cu pulled a 611 fico .. Makes you wonder....

oh both were ex


TU and EX Fico's here are outdated versions....EQ Fico from here is the only one "90% of lenders" use.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)


Message 5 of 11
Epic Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


Lechte wrote:

arrazola_a wrote:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I pulled mine and it was at 645(myfico) and my cu pulled a 611 fico .. Makes you wonder....

oh both were ex


TU and EX Fico's here are outdated versions....EQ Fico from here is the only one "90% of lenders" use.


EX score from here is not outdated.  It is the newest version, 08.

Message 6 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


guiness56 wrote:

Lechte wrote:

arrazola_a wrote:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I pulled mine and it was at 645(myfico) and my cu pulled a 611 fico .. Makes you wonder....

oh both were ex


TU and EX Fico's here are outdated versions....EQ Fico from here is the only one "90% of lenders" use.


EX score from here is not outdated.  It is the newest version, 08.


I'm sorry...so it's just that most lenders have decided not to use the new version yet?

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)


Message 7 of 11
Frequent Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score

Guiness, since you like giving me a hard time a lot...you owe me.   So will you go check out this thread and tell me what's goin on? 

 

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/New-Scores-are-coming-to-MyFico/td-p/2780979

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)


Message 8 of 11
Epic Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


Lechte wrote:

Guiness, since you like giving me a hard time a lot...you owe me.   So will you go check out this thread and tell me what's goin on? 

 

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/New-Scores-are-coming-to-MyFico/td-p/2780979


Not giving you a hard time lol.  Just keeping things straight.

Message 9 of 11
Epic Contributor

Re: wrong equifax score


Lechte wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

Lechte wrote:

arrazola_a wrote:

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I pulled mine and it was at 645(myfico) and my cu pulled a 611 fico .. Makes you wonder....

oh both were ex


TU and EX Fico's here are outdated versions....EQ Fico from here is the only one "90% of lenders" use.


EX score from here is not outdated.  It is the newest version, 08.


I'm sorry...so it's just that most lenders have decided not to use the new version yet?


Pretty much, yes.  Lenders decide which version/model benefits them the most.

 

And as far as mortgages changing what they use, I don't see them doing it.

Message 10 of 11