Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero balance but not shown as closed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

zero balance but not shown as closed

I recently checked my FICO report out and saw all of the accounts I've used in the past 15 years.  Some said zero balance and closed by customer. There were some accounts that did say paid, zero balance, but not say closed though...and I did close them. I called the one company and they did say it was closed but the info might not have made it to the reporting company.

Are there some accounts that are closed but won't appear as closed?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: zero balance but not shown as closed

sinjin wrote:
I recently checked my FICO report out and saw all of the accounts I've used in the past 15 years.  Some said zero balance and closed by customer. There were some accounts that did say paid, zero balance, but not say closed though...and I did close them. I called the one company and they did say it was closed but the info might not have made it to the reporting company.

Are there some accounts that are closed but won't appear as closed?

There are instances when some acconts will show as paid but not closed.  This CAN (notice the caps) have a negative impact if you apply for credit and a creditor sees that you have too much avail credit for their comfort level.  Especially true of revolving accounts not so for installments.

Most approvals for revolving credit are auto-approved and score based.  So if you scores are high enough it shouldn't really matter. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.