Reply
Contributor
Hopelives2
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎04-30-2011

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

You also carry a moderator tag.

 

Not that I matter, I don't, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  I've benefitted greatly from being here but will leave for good once I have a better handle on which to do with what.

 

I won't be surprised if many others feel the same way (not new to forums) and just don't announce that they are leaving.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks


Hopelives2 wrote:

You also carry a moderator tag.

 

Not that I matter, I don't, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  I've benefitted greatly from being here but will leave for good once I have a better handle on which to do with what.

 

I won't be surprised if many others feel the same way (not new to forums) and just don't announce that they are leaving.


I'm sorry - you've lost me on the moderator tag comment?? :smileyindifferent:

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Administrator Emeritus
mod-moose
Posts: 989
Registered: ‎05-24-2007

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

 


Hopelives2 wrote:

You also carry a moderator tag.

 

Not that I matter, I don't, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  I've benefitted greatly from being here but will leave for good once I have a better handle on which to do with what.

 

I won't be surprised if many others feel the same way (not new to forums) and just don't announce that they are leaving.


The moderator tag is not something that you "rank up" to.

 

As with any community there are going to be users who like the way the community is run and others won't whether it's ranks, the word filter, the users, etc.  Everyone isn't always going to be happy and all we can do is try our best. 

 

I'm sorry you feel this way about the community.  If you have complaints about a moderator or specific users, your best recourse is to address it in a Private Message to Barry. 

 

Edtied to add link

mod.moose
Contributor
Hopelives2
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎04-30-2011

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

mod-moose wrote:

 

.  If you have complaints about a moderator or specific users, your best recourse is to address it in a Private Message to Barry. 


Huh?  Where did I say that? I don't have an issue with any moderator, I have an issue with using subjective means to put tags on people which then some people, openly already known, use that tag as means to bully others.

 

And since someone is sure to wonder, I would personally prefer NO tag, under my name just the number of posts.

 

There have also been very pointed posts where the "Tag" was a means for a "user" to delineate who and who would not be welcomed with a response on their post and questions.

 

Now all of that is subjective.  Do I really care?  Yes, in a way.  If it is the "follow the sheep" path of users that get better subjectively increased "status" that is distasteful.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,084
Registered: ‎07-14-2009

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks


Hopelives2 wrote:
 

Huh?  Where did I say that? I don't have an issue with any moderator, I have an issue with using subjective means to put tags on people which then some people, openly already known, use that tag as means to bully others.

 

And since someone is sure to wonder, I would personally prefer NO tag, under my name just the number of posts.

 

There have also been very pointed posts where the "Tag" was a means for a "user" to delineate who and who would not be welcomed with a response on their post and questions.

 

Now all of that is subjective.  Do I really care?  Yes, in a way.  If it is the "follow the sheep" path of users that get better subjectively increased "status" that is distasteful.


Would not the number of posts then be used by some to bully and intimidate others? Where does it end? There is no perfect system and never will be.

 

Just as in real life there will always be those on these Forums (as ALL forums experience) who aren't welcoming, who do intimidate, who do put down others, who are frankly just not very nice people. And just like in real life all we can do is try and minimize them and their influence as much as possible.

 

I've been to many different forums and they run the gamut from absolute chaos to well managed. We all have to decide how we think myFICO is run. Some will like it and some won't. But as mod moose said you can't please everyone all the time. If you try then no one will be happy.

 

BTW I will quote you from an earlier post: There are many people coming to this forum who are not as well educated as he, and I, are.

 

I'm afraid some would take that statement as condescending, intimidating, bullying, and a put down of others. But that too is "subjective".

 

I guess the bottom line is that I'm sorry that so suddenly you seem so unhappy.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Contributor
Hopelives2
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎04-30-2011

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

An MBA and JD and MD are not subjective, they are conferred by educational institutation that the US federal government has deemed appropriate to install those designations.  Last I checked there were very few on here with those.

 

CFP, CIA, CPA, CHP, CISSA, CISSP, CISSM, etc are also conferred by organizations that have been deemed worthy of the government to be accredited. Very few of them as well.

 

I stand by what I wrote.  :smileyhappy:  And it was a means to point out that someone was using their specially noted post in life as a means to bully me.

 

Surely, you've not forgotten that, or did you snip just to make me the "bad" sheep now?

Administrator Emeritus
mod-moose
Posts: 989
Registered: ‎05-24-2007

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

 


Hopelives2 wrote:

mod-moose wrote:

 

.  If you have complaints about a moderator or specific users, your best recourse is to address it in a Private Message to Barry. 


Huh?  Where did I say that? I don't have an issue with any moderator, I have an issue with using subjective means to put tags on people which then some people, openly already known, use that tag as means to bully others.

 

And since someone is sure to wonder, I would personally prefer NO tag, under my name just the number of posts.

 

There have also been very pointed posts where the "Tag" was a means for a "user" to delineate who and who would not be welcomed with a response on their post and questions.

 

Now all of that is subjective.  Do I really care?  Yes, in a way.  If it is the "follow the sheep" path of users that get better subjectively increased "status" that is distasteful.


Huh?  Where did I say that?  You didn't, I was offering information incase you needed it.  

 

I frequent a community where there are no ranks, tags, or even the number of post a user has unless you want to click next and count their posts but it doesn't matter.  The people who are always there and respond with good information are well known and others get to know them and respect them and it's a forum of status.  I don't think you can get away from it no matter what.

 

There have also been very pointed posts where the "Tag" was a means for a "user" to delineate who and who would not be welcomed with a response on their post and questions.

 

With out seeing it in context it's hard to know what has transpired, but it seems more on the lines of a violation of the Forum User Guidelines and should be reported with an abuse report. 

 

 

mod.moose
Administrator Emeritus
mod-moose
Posts: 989
Registered: ‎05-24-2007

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

 


Hopelives2 wrote:

An MBA and JD and MD are not subjective, they are conferred by educational institutation that the US federal government has deemed appropriate to install those designations.  Last I checked there were very few on here with those.

 

CFP, CIA, CPA, CHP, CISSA, CISSP, CISSM, etc are also conferred by organizations that have been deemed worthy of the government to be accredited. Very few of them as well.

 

I stand by what I wrote.  :smileyhappy:  And it was a means to point out that someone was using their specially noted post in life as a means to bully me.

 

Surely, you've not forgotten that, or did you snip just to make me the "bad" sheep now?


If you think someone is bulling you, then you need to do an abuse report so the moderators can take care of it.  If that doesn't resolve it, then contact Barry.  This is not a rank issue but a violation of the user guidelines.

 




mod.moose
Contributor
Hopelives2
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎04-30-2011

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

I did report it.  Has been resolved and the highlighting is straying away from point of conversation.

 

I frequent other boards as well, none of which have anything to do with finance or law.

 

To me, letting post counts speak for themselves is good enough vs. having some subjective means that a group uses to delineate who means what to a forum... which myfico just did.  Subjectively, ya'll will decide who gets to carry an arbitrary tag. 

 

If I had the choice to not use a tag, I would as some of my posts are helpful, some are asking for help, and others are pointing out what I think is wrong with a philosophy or doctrine.

 

My "rocking the boat" mentality has served me well as I do not follow abstractly or without asking "why" - it has only painfully done me wrong, exactly once... and the SEC validated me in the end anyway. :smileyhappy:

Administrator Emeritus
mod-moose
Posts: 989
Registered: ‎05-24-2007

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

 


Hopelives2 wrote:

I did report it.  Has been resolved and the highlighting is straying away from point of conversation.

 

I frequent other boards as well, none of which have anything to do with finance or law.

 

To me, letting post counts speak for themselves is good enough vs. having some subjective means that a group uses to delineate who means what to a forum... which myfico just did.  Subjectively, ya'll will decide who gets to carry an arbitrary tag. 

 

If I had the choice to not use a tag, I would as some of my posts are helpful, some are asking for help, and others are pointing out what I think is wrong with a philosophy or doctrine.

 

My "rocking the boat" mentality has served me well as I do not follow abstractly or without asking "why" - it has only painfully done me wrong, exactly once... and the SEC validated me in the end anyway. :smileyhappy:


Thank you for your feed back regarding the ranks.  The ranking system is not new to myFICO, this thread was started because we just added some new ranks.  We have received other good feed back on the ranks and as far as I know, they will be remaining.

 

 

mod.moose

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+