Administrator Emeritus
Barry

Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone!

Is it just me or does it seem like we have we been using the same old member ranking system since, well… forever?  Not just me?  Okay, I have some good news then...

Seeing as how there have been more than 400,000 new members generating more than 800,000 new posts since the last set of ranks were created more than 4 years ago, we figured it’s time we recognized your dedication to the FICO Forums community in terms of participation and contributions by creating a ranking system that more closely acknowledges your true level of involvement here.

We'll soon be adding 12 new ranks (see below) and a more robust set of ranking criteria that (before you ask) will not be disclosed publicly.  We hope you'll enjoy working your way up through these new ranks.  And thanks to all of you for your contributions to the community!

-Barry

Epic Contributor

Mega Contributor

Super Contributor

Senior Contributor

Valued Contributor

Established Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Regular Contributor

Contributor

New Contributor

Valued Member

Established Member

Valued Visitor

Established Visitor

Visitor

New Visitor

Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

Re: Coming Soon: New Member Ranks

[ Edited ]

Hi Barry,

I was wondering why my user name is in color?   Then I saw everyone's user name is in color.   So, I decided to come her to check out what is going on.   I guess I came to the right place to find an answer.  Now I see why all member's user name is in color coded.   

You know what crossed my mind in first?   It's so funny ... I was thinking it's because of male/female (due to the color on my user name), and then may be City/State (location)  ...  :smileyvery-happy:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Valued Contributor
p-

Interesting - So how far up the ladder do I have to progress before I can make a custom avatar?  Also, glad to hear you've expanded the criteria; I haven't made that many posts, but one of my threads has been read almost 10,000 times.  Hopefully that is considered.

2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Valued Contributor
p-

[ Edited ]

Guess I'd better type faster....  

Edited to remove an error by me MarineVietvet.

2-13-14: FICO EXP: 779 - EQU: 742 - TRAN: 765 - AVG: 762 - +212 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Administrator Emeritus
mod-moose

[ Edited ]

p- wrote:

Before the new ranks were introduced a user needed 500 post to get the custom avatar.  We didn't change that because we didn't want anyone to lose the ability to change their custom avatar, however there is more to the new formula than just posts so posting to just rank up won't work. 

Edited to remove an error by me MarineVietvet.

mod.moose
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Thanks for the clarification mod moose.

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut!  :smileytongue:

Valued Contributor
p-

mod-moose wrote:

p- wrote:

MarineVietvet wrote:
From what I understand it will still be the same 500 post level it is currently.

Before the new ranks were introduced a user needed 500 post to get the custom avatar.  We didn't change that because we didn't want anyone to lose the ability to change their custom avatar, however there is more to the new formula than just posts so posting to just rank up won't work. 

Lol, I won't be posting just to rank up...  I've been here since 2008 and I'm less than halfway to the 500 mark, so that would take a while.  I honestly don't care much what my rank is, but I do think it would be neat to be able to customize my avatar.  My suggestions to the admin would be to relax the custom avatar qualification requirements.

Based on the current frequency of posts, I will likely achieve perfect credit before I achieve a custom avatar....  Pretty funny considering I started here in the low 500's.

Administrator Emeritus
Barry

p- wrote:

mod-moose wrote:

p- wrote:

MarineVietvet wrote:
From what I understand it will still be the same 500 post level it is currently.

Lol, I won't be posting just to rank up...  I've been here since 2008 and I'm less than halfway to the 500 mark, so that would take a while.  I honestly don't care much what my rank is, but I do think it would be neat to be able to customize my avatar.  My suggestions to the admin would be to relax the custom avatar qualification requirements.

Based on the current frequency of posts, I will likely achieve perfect credit before I achieve a custom avatar....  Pretty funny considering I started here in the low 500's.

You make a great point, p-.  I agree this is something we should -- and will -- consider for those of you continue to be invaluable members of the community despite not having the post count of some others.  Thanks for the suggestion!

-Barry

Valued Contributor
p-

Barry wrote:

You make a great point, p-.  I agree this is something we should -- and will -- consider for those of you continue to be invaluable members of the community despite not having the post count of some others.  Thanks for the suggestion!

-Barry

Thanks,

Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+