Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What you should know about the Dodd-Frank Act

Message 41 of 85
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 42 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about  giving us our credit scores for free.  always.  any time.  FICO has every American by the short hairs.  I refuse to pay you crooks for my own personal financial information.  If anything, you should have to pay me for the priviledge of gathering my info.  A person could spend hundreds of dollars chasing after credit scores that don't change.  FICO should be ashamed of themselves.  Making me pay for my own information is like coercion, or bribery.  Your conduct is criminal, and hopefully in the future you'll all be jailed like the corporate criminals you are.

Message 43 of 85
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How about  giving us our credit scores for free.  always.  any time.  FICO has every American by the short hairs.  I refuse to pay you crooks for my own personal financial information.  If anything, you should have to pay me for the priviledge of gathering my info.  A person could spend hundreds of dollars chasing after credit scores that don't change.  FICO should be ashamed of themselves.  Making me pay for my own information is like coercion, or bribery.  Your conduct is criminal, and hopefully in the future you'll all be jailed like the corporate criminals you are.

I think you are targeting the wrong company. FICO doesn't have a shred of data or info about you or your finances. FICO is a formula and it is the same for everyone. The ones you should be targeting are the credit reporting agencies. They are the ones that hold your personal info, your credit past, and it is through this information that a formula is used to create a number. And if you are mad that your personal financial info is floating out there, then you should be! If you close all of your accounts then the companies that you did business with will no longer use your personal info and keep it on record.

Message 44 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything such as a SCORE that affects whether or not we will be granted credit, or at what rate, should MOST DEFINITELY be given access to us free of charge.  A lot of lenders don't even look at your actual credit history any more, they only look at your credit score before determining whether or not if they will even consider granting you credit.  Also, insurance rates are based on your credit score.  This number affects more aspects of your life than some people realize, therefore we should have unlimited free access to it.  And quite honestly, the credit scoring system is EXTREMELY flawed.

Message 45 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good to me...all except for the interchange fees.  A retailer charging bigger fees because I'm using my own money, it seems to me, is how most American's got into trouble in the first place.  They are requiring us to use credit, rather than saving and using our own money.  I understand interest is a source of income for the "big boys," but too much debt is why so many Americans aren't buying anything these days.  There's gotta be a better way!

Message 46 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's true that we do have access to our scores if we have an inquiry with a negative result, but I didn't really know anything about credit scores until I was 30+ years old.  We need some education in schools on this so kids coming out of high school are prepared intellectually to nurture their credit scores.  Without being armed with knowledge, our credit scores mean very little to a young person.

Message 47 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA TO HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Message 48 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I FEEL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE THE RIGHT TO KNOW EVERYTHING THE LENDERS WILL CHECK TO LOOK FOR TO FIND OUT YOUR CREDIT WORTH. AFTER ALL THIS WILL BE WHAT THEY USE TO DECIDE YOUR INTEREST RATES.

Message 49 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's one thing to keep your customer data private from OTHERS, but NOT from the customer you are keeping data on. You should have the right to view ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that someone else keeps about you - and that includes doctors and all their "notes." You should have access to ANYthing that is ABOUT YOU! Yes, I think Experion should HAVE to provide ANYthing they have about you, including your credit score, or they should be denied a license as a Credit Reporting Agency. I checked my credit last in 2009 and BOTH of the other (legitimate) CAs showed my credit score as 916, but Experion, because they did not have full information, showed it as 811 - big difference from the other two. Maybe if a lot of people would write to the Attorney General about Experion's unsavory practices, they would get put our of business.
Message 50 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.