Frequent Contributor
tonyaether
Re: Never co-sign a loan. Never, ever ever.

Thanks for input everyone. I do want to clarify, we are not in a community property state.  It's equitable distribution here.  I guess my apprehension comes in the nature of everything. I was a single mother for a long time and had to scrape my way back through credit and financial issues.  I am sure part of it is me not wanting to allow someone to jeopardize that.  Up until this point I could handle things on my own if it came to that and there is still some security for me in that. That is probably residuals from always being in control.... Who knows and I won't get Dr. Phil on it (even though I already did).... However the largest part of my issue is that I need to maybe see more from him first in helping his own situation.  I haven't seen the effort that I need to see to feel ok enough to "let my guard down".  It's definitely something I will need to really think about. I am a prepare for the worst type of person (pessimist if you will). This really has nothing to do though with insensitivity, lack of love/caring, or not having his back.  It's more like hauling said, I don't want to be an enabler. Either way, bottom line is that I need to make a choice I can live with.

Current Scores: 08/2013 EQ - 779(FICO), TU98 - 783(FICO ), TU08-818(Walmart FICO),EX PLUS-775 (FAKO) Credit Sesame - 804 (FAKO)
Wallet: Barclays Plat. Rewards MC $8.9k,Amex BCP $9.1k, CitiForward Signature $11k, Chase Freedom $3k,Target Visa $1.5k, Walmart Discover 7.5k, Delta Gold Skymiles Amex $2k
GOAL: 800 ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!