hrswood01
Re: Credit repair after divorce.

I am also trying to rebuild / fix my credit after a divorce in 2005.  After reading the posts, it seems I have taken care of what is in my control as far as my credit. (closing all cc that were joint accts, contacting bureaus and updating reports.)  My divorce decree states that he is to pay 1/2 of the debt over a two year period which is $10,000 and if he defaults on anything (which are several issues) he is to pay all atty fees.  It has been over 2 years and he has not paid anything. As a matter of fact, he has told me to F&*k off and file bankruptcy and that I'm not going to see a penny of what he owes me.  He has no respect for the courts and sees the divorce decree as a joke.  I have been paying down the credit cards over the years but of course it's not fast enough to help my credit score.  Almost all the credit was/is in my name due to the fact that I had great credit.

My divorce was granted in WY, he moved back to TX and I now reside in WA state.  After many sleepless nights, years of frustration and feeling helpless, I'm at the end of my rope and don't know where to turn.

Does anyone know how I can get him to take me seriously and honor the judge and my divorce decree?  I'm only asking what is due or granted to me.  Does anyone know what type of atty I contact?

Thanks for listening and I hope there is someone out there who can give me the justice that is due me.

Hopeful in Seattle :womansad: