Super Contributor
webhopper
Re: Hoping I'm not the only bad person out there ...

I don't really think marriage is about "answering to each other"

I think its about a partnership where both parties get to have a say in deciding a course of action.   My husband thinks I am just great at handling finances, but when It comes to a financial strategy, we always talk about the strategy...  Usually it involves me coming up with several options and my husband and I talk about the options. 

My husband has a lot of common sense and sometimes he sees beyond the numbers to how these things will affect our daily lives good or bad.   A lot of times I focus in on just the numbers without considering the impact of each course of action on our gains in financial momentum and/or emotional financial peace.

We have a lot of momentum going right now, as far as building real wealth, and paying off bills.   We both want to get to a place where we have no bills except for the mortgage.  so basically, every major financial decision (I catagorize this as every transaction involving more than $1,500), gets discussed.

We dont sweat the small stuff, other than deciding that we will only eat out once per month and we combine our errands into one trip to save gas...  but we plan the major moves,  sort of like a big chess game of life :smileyhappy:.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge