New Contributor
BullsEye10
Re: Hoping I'm not the only bad person out there ...

WebHopper, I wish it was that easy, but it wouldn't have been.   I was never happy about combining, but I felt there was no compromise to be had, as she felt so strongly that my refusing to combine meant that I was not sure about marrying her.  Simply saying  its not in my confort level would not have resolved the question, it would be hanging over our heads for the next 50 years.  It just seemed a lot easier to agree to share the checking account when I knew that I had the money market account that would stay mine.

And while I was certainly sure about her (and still am, maybe even more so), and love our life together, I have always been sort of a loner (a few close friends, but I am happiest alone) and sometimes I really misses the days when I lived alone and answered to no one.  I think that is what the account and possible new credit card are about.

As a side note, and this isn't truly relevant, this account is also what I draw from for her presents (designer bags, jewelry, iPad, etc.).

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer