Frequent Contributor
koalablue
Re: Hoping I'm not the only bad person out there ...

You might keep in mind that any credit card you get is going to show up on your credit report for the next 10 years.  Obviously your wife isn't routinely obtaining copies of your credit report, but if you both ever need to give your reports to anyone, for a new house, car, anything else, then she could see evidence of that card.  A better idea might be to just plunk down 1000.00 or however much you want on an Amex prepaid card.  A prepaid card will not show up on your credit report nor will you have to worry about getting any billing statements.  Having money in a separate account is dicey and I wouldn't take the risk, although obviously you're comfortable with it.  I agree with others that if your wife found out about the account, she'd be pretty darn upset that you didn't tell her about it and she might very well imagine the worst, like you're spending it on a mistress or something.  I think its just fine to have a separate account, but she should know about it.  Just tell her you use it for presents for her and odds and ends - no need to mention the gentlemen's club of course.