Frequent Contributor
Posts: 470
Registered: ‎08-14-2012
Re: Turning brother in for CC fraud

This may fit better in the Relationships and Money threads. First, you should immediately notify the CCC's that the accounts were open under and have them frozen. Next, you would have to fill out a police report first to resolve yourself from the debts. After that, the CCC would want a copy of the police report to officially resolve you from the debts.

He will definitely be arrested by the police for fraud charges. I do not think there is a way around that because once the report is filed it is no longer in your hands...

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.