Established Contributor
calihlove75
Re: Turning brother in for CC fraud

RyVision wrote:

Frankly, over 6 grand (unless we were both flat broke) I wouldn't put my brother in jail along with it's horrible treatment and the effect it would have on him the rest of his life.  I'd face him like a man and tell him the accounts have been closed and ask how he's going to pay me back before I ever considered doing that to him.  Blood is still thicker than money.   I for one can replace money, I can NOT however replace a brother.

I think a lot of you are talking through your hats on this one!

I would put a freeze on my credit however first thing though regardless.

I'll tell you one thing for a fact, no matter what you think of your brother now, he will only come out of the prison system a much worse person and very resentful of you for life, you will no longer have that brother.  Think about that before you listen to these "OH I GOT COJONES" blowhards.  These people MAY watch a little too much "Doctor" Phil at times............

Obviously not to the brother. Thou shall not steal!!!

I doubt he would get prison time, especially if it's a first offense. Fines and probation and if it is not the first time than he deserves the jail time. The experience might make him a better person and or at least think twice. I am sorry but I would report my brother or sister in a minute if they did that to me...but they would never do anything like that..never.

100% Ficos: EX 762, TU 767, EQ 762 Inquiries last 1 year/6 months: EX-0/0, TU- 0/0, EQ-1/1~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014
Discover IT $9500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $2000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $16,100~ Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $2500~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050