Valued Contributor
Dustink
Re: Turning brother in for CC fraud
[ Edited ]

RyVision wrote:

Frankly, over 6 grand (unless we were both flat broke) I wouldn't put my brother in jail along with it's horrible treatment and the effect it would have on him the rest of his life.  I'd face him like a man and tell him the accounts have been closed and ask how he's going to pay me back before I ever considered doing that to him.  Blood is still thicker than money.   I for one can replace money, I can NOT however replace a brother.

I think a lot of you are talking through your hats on this one!

I would put a freeze on my credit however first thing though regardless.

I'll tell you one thing for a fact, no matter what you think of your brother now, he will only come out of the prison system a much worse person and very resentful of you for life, you will no longer have that brother.  Think about that before you listen to these "OH I GOT COJONES" blowhards.  These people MAY watch a little too much "Doctor" Phil at times............

+1, well sorta

Have him pay the debts. Have him sell everything he owns to start paying you back.

If he isn't willing to pay, then I would start thinking about reporting him.

I personally would let my brother max every one of my credit cards if he was in a situation that required such action. Doing so without permission is another story completely, but if you parents or brother are willing to make you whole again. I would let it go.

Also, very well put RyVision.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k          $8.5K          Closed          $19k         $6.5k           $24.2k        Closed          $5k         Closed       $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%