Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,737
Registered: ‎08-13-2009
Re: Divorce Degree question concerning payment (advice needed)

Yeah, I would wait until the last minute to pay it - and confirm with the tax entity that it was not paid prior to you coming in.  


Get a receipt and a copy of your payment on the same sheet of paper (to later prove you paid it with your check and you received the receipt).


After you have it, submit the bill to your x, CMRR, and ask for payment.  Or send it to his attny.  Or both.


Give him a reasonable deadline.  No money?  File contempt charges.   And ask for reimbursement of all legals fees with your claim.