Established Member
HuntingMama
Re: Hi ... my name is Trix and it's ...

My DH is clueless when it comes to this stuff, and financial issues.  Maybe that is why his exwife left him with a bunch of CC debt.

I keep it simple.  "Do you want to buy a house someday, or keep putting money in <landlords> pocket?  

Landlords are a piece of work.  The husband busts his butt 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and the wife gives him nothing.  He doesn't even carry a dollar.  Wife and unemployed 22 y.o. son go out for lunch every weekday.  Son collected UC for 2 1/2 years, now works under-the-table out of their garage, and lives off of Mommy.  She won't cook so they get takeout for dinner 4 to 5 nights a week.  Our apartment is very clean, but things are very old.  (Tub spigot leaks when off, roof leaks every time it rains...)  She wouldn't replace the kitchen faucet until it corroded so much that the water started spraying out of the top of the faucet all over the kitchen.  I know it could be much worse, and I can't tell them what to spend their money on, but it REALLY keeps me motivated to continue grooming the CR and get out of here!  I want to choose what I have to put up with, not let somebody else do it for me! 

My goal is to not get into another rental, and start investing in our own home. 

i know I can...I know I can...I know I can...

:smileyhappy:

HuntingMama:  Dec 2012 = EQ scorewatch 649, TU myfico 649

HuntingPapa:  Dec 2012 = EQ scorewatch 625, TU myfico (Nov 2012) 604