Regular Contributor
tpatterson2k9
Re: Financial Follies that Break the Relationship

haulingthescoreup wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

It can be hard growing up, I guess. Especially if you're a bit scared to take on all the hard work that's involved.

Maybe if she hears that she needs to do some maturing for your relationship to work, she might take it to heart. Maybe she'll dismiss you as a jerk and continue in her ways.

Not much that you can do to change other people, unfortunately.

Whoops! OP, I hope you realize that I wasn't saying that you're a jerk! :smileyvery-happy: Because you're not; I think you're being very realistic about things that are important in a relationship.

I was trying to say that that's how some people dismiss others who speak uncomfortable truths.

whew...

I know what you meant hauling.  Her and I actually had a good conversation about this and she sort of put me in a corner.  She got on me because I have lost about $20,000 in the stock market this year and she feels that my financial decisions are more destructive than hers (even though she is paying interest on a high APR CC).  I was at a loss as to how to defend myself on this one other than that at least I am not giving my money to the banks just so they can benefit their stock holders.  Perhaps I need to invest in the CCC that she is paying all this interest to...who knows.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge