Regular Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎10-21-2007
Re: How do you change your name with the bureaus? Or do you?

Hi, Hauling.  I thought I wanted to do the same thing when I got divorced, but it was just too much of a pain.  Since everything reports by SSN, the history will just start showing up on your report with every name or form you ever received credit in (like using a middle initial or a maiden name with your married name).


If you can, try not to worry about it and focus on moving forward with  great new life.  Even when the divorce is your choice, it's a struggle, but it's definitely better than staying in a truly bad marriage.  Good luck and for the tough times, get yourself a download of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" also known as the unofficial divorced woman's anthem.  It will also (if you're old enough) make you remember how much fun disco wasSmiley Very Happy!


All good things and God Bless!