Frequent Contributor
tonyaether
Re: My wife is making my financial life miserable

FrugalRican wrote:

Funny you say that, tonyaether... but my father is like this and he is ex-military and one of my best friends is like this as well and he's in active duty in Bahrain.

He has the most impressive collection of Xbox 360 games ever, but not real keen on savings nor retirement nor anything like that.

My dad was terrible with credit and it was one of the main reasons why they got a divorce.

But I have met people in the armed forces who are very responsible with their finances.

It's too bad that you found out way too late.

Best of luck to you.

It's a lesson learned.  I haven't given up but sometimes I get bitter and angry. I say I get tired of being the "responsible" one.  I just hope he gets better. I still have hope it will at least.  My dad is retired, one of my brothers just retired a year ago after 26 yrs in, and my other brother is currently active duty in his 25th year in.  All 3 are completely financially responsible.  That's why I didn't want to say it's all military men.

Current Scores: 08/2013 EQ - 779(FICO), TU98 - 783(FICO ), TU08-818(Walmart FICO),EX PLUS-775 (FAKO) Credit Sesame - 804 (FAKO)
Wallet: Barclays Plat. Rewards MC $8.9k,Amex BCP $9.1k, CitiForward Signature $11k, Chase Freedom $3k,Target Visa $1.5k, Walmart Discover 7.5k, Delta Gold Skymiles Amex $2k
GOAL: 800 ACROSS THE BOARD!!!!