Regular Contributor
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎10-21-2007
Re: How do you change your name with the bureaus? Or do you?


What's really crazy is that in a divorce, you have to petition the court for the use of your previous name after the divorce.  A few seconds after the judge granted my divorce, my attorney entered a request for use of my maiden name.  It was immediately granted and I got an order allowing me to use it.  I didn't go back to using it because it was just too much of pain to get things changed.  It just wasn't worth the effort. 


What's wrong with this picture?