Valued Contributor
IOBA
Hop in! On my way to a 100k!

Or we can call it the Grand Plan for 100 Grand.

I posted about a blurb I had read about someone who saved forward.  He looked at the big picture, included TSP and employer contributions, and figured out how much he COULD save for the month, the year, etc.

When I looked at my finances with this new perspective, I was wow'd by the big picture!  Previously, I felt like I was barely saving anything, with a $100 CD every payday and an extra $100 Ally cd per month.  I knew in the back of my mind that I was still doing the direct deposit from the house buying days is still going into that secret account, but I don't count it as "savings", ya know.  Out of sight, out of mind.  And I never considered the TSP and the employer 5% match as savings...

So, new perspective, relooked at my numbers, pulled every penny from every source I could and you know what?  I decided I could save xx amount by year's end.  DH and I had a difference of opinon as to who accurate my numbers should be posted here.  He didn't want me to post our real numbers.  Ok.  The percentages are 100% accurate.

For the purpose of this journey, my goal is to reach 100k by 12/31/2012.  I am not going to count the TSP or the employer match.  This will be just my very own pennies.

I can't decide what to call this plan, so it's being called both things -

Grand plan to 100 grand!

AND 

On my way to a 100k!